12 agosto 2009

Missing granny

My paternal family came from Fiume (now Rijeka, HR), a town where several cultures and populations crossed and lived together. Nothing can replicate my grandma's kitchen, its taste, its consistency and flavour. I still remember some of her dishes, but a lot I forgot, too.
Now I am surfing to look for Croatian recipes because the only Croatian recipe book ever written in Italian is odd - I have it. It doesn't even mention quantities, temperatures and times.

I have to try to do Pasticada which is basically a roasted meat sauce with big pieces of roeasted meat, used as a sort of mixed dish together with gnocchi. My grandma served it like this, although I found several different pictures and way to serve it.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Di' la tua / Say yours!