19 gennaio 2009

Raisin muffins

I found a better recipe for my muffins on this Italian website. They are softer and yummier, so since now on I will bake muffin with this recipe.
I find really comfortable to put my favourite recipes on my blog. This way, whenever I need to cook them I just have to search on my blog the "ricette" (recipes), and they are available anywhere I can get an internet connection.

Today I had some spare time and tried to bake muffins. I hope my friends from the US won't be disappointed I posted an American recipe. I am awaiting for your suggestions!

Muffins
(recipe for 12 muffins)

time: 15 mins to prepare + 20 mins to bake
pros: no kitchen appliance required except a oven, no special cooking tools, just a spoon and, of course, muffin tins.

380 g of white flour
1 sachet of baking powder (approx. 2 teaspoons or 160 g)
200 g sugar
a pinch of salt
2 eggs
250 ml of milk
180 g of butter
1 sachet of vanillin (approx. a scarce teaspoon)
2 ml of lemon flavour or a grated lemon rind


Preheat oven to 356 degrees F (180°C) and grease 10 muffin tins.

This recipe is very simple to do. Take two bowls: in one you are going to mix the dry ingredients, i.e. flour + baking powder (sift), sugar, vanillin and salt. In the other bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Lighty beat the eggs and the milk, then add the lemon (whatever form it is) and the melt butter.
You can use a simple spoon to do so, as lumps are not a problems.
Now put the wet mixed ingredients into the dry ones, stirring with a spoon.

When you get a smooth mix, pour it into the tins and then let's bake it for 20 mins.
As usual, the baking time depends on the kind of oven you have. The newer the faster. As a general rule use a wooden stick to check if the muffins are completely baked. Stick it into a muffin: if it comes out clean, then the muffin is fully cooked. If not, bake a little longer until the stick comes out clean.

VARIANTS: of course, muffins come in all flavors of this world, so you can add cocoa, chocolate, raisins, apples, raspberries,... In this case the baking time will increase.
For apple muffins and raisin muffins it takes me an additional 15' to bake them.
In any case, apply the wooden stick rule.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Di' la tua / Say yours!