I read this on Terri's blog.
1. Who was your best friend? I never had a best friend, I had good ones: Flavia, who is now spending a month volounteering in Mexico, was the one I was closer to.
2. Did you play any sports? Sure! I had been playing volley since the age of 6 to the age of 16. I had to quit because I had low marks at school. I kept having them also without training. Ouch!
3. What kind of car did you drive? In Italy you can get your driving license at the age of 18, so during the 4st year of highschool. I didn't had my own car, I used my mom's Ford Fiesta in the weekend and on Saturday to go to school. Just like this one:
4. It’s Friday night. Where were you? High School Football or Basketball games or out with my boyfriend at a movie? We go to school on Saturday, too. Therefore I was at home.
5. Were you a party animal? No. I enjoyed going out with friends, but there was not very much to see and do.
6. Were you considered a flirt? Absolutely not! Sigh!
7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? We didn't have any.
8. Were you a nerd? Not yet ;)
9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? No! I once was called my the master because I published and ad on the school board where I was looking for some metal band's CD "also burned". I was stupid and nobody used internet (and it was very slow).
10. Can you sing the fight song? What is it? I guess no.
11. Who was your favorite teacher? Mrs. Crola, math teacher. She was suffering of several cancers but always tried to come at school and teach us math & physics. She retired that year and died after 3 months I enrolled to university. We all loved her. I wish I could thank her for letting me be bad at math without making me feel stupid. I would have never chosen engineering if I felt so stupid I couldn't pass math.
12. What was your school mascot? We didn't have any.
13. Did you go to the Prom? There is no Prom in Italy (ok, Italian high school sucks...)
14. If you could go back, would you? I would love to if thre was a Prome.
15. What do you remember most about graduation? It was the day after I was working as a car washer and I told my mom I wasn't interested, also because there is no such ceremony as I saw in the American movies. She let me sleep until 11AM, I got up and was angry because I couldn't attend it. I was told it lasted 20mins, some classmate made the graduate hat with black cardboard to try to make something American-like, and then they asked the money for the stuff! So sad. I don't regret I didn't attend it.
16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day? I guess this means when you don't attend the last days of highschool. Uhm, I think I went 'til the very end, but several years ago I skipped like 3 days. I found it so boring, also because I couldn't tell mommy and we were without a car and very few girls.
17. Did you have a job your senior year? Yes, I worked as a car washer at the local gas station. I went there only on the weekends and during holidays, it was not very much because of the money, just to keep in mind why I was studying! A little effort now, better job later (I hope).
18. Where did you go most often for lunch? There were no lessons during the afternoon, we quit at 1PM (lessons started at 8AM). I came home by 2PM and microwave heated some leftovers, watching the Bold & The Beautiful.
19. Have you gained weight since then? I feel like I gained a ton but I can't swear it's true. I have trashed my highschool diaries and therefore I am not sure I was slimmer.
20. What did you do after graduation? Went to University and attended Electrical Engineering, in Pavia.
21. What year did you graduate? Bachelor's in 2005, Master's should be on this fall. :)
22. Who was your Senior Prom Date? No Prom, no date.
23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion? 5 years has just passed! We made only two reunions, the first one one year later but we couldn't still stand each others (we were 20 ppl per class). The last one was on April, I went & enjoyed it also because I was one of the only three regs with the studies, after being considered the worst of my class in the highschool.
Thanks Terri for tagging me!